Day Dreams

A Brain, A Brain and A Kookie person. It used to mean something. Now its out of controle +) Our only hope is Blue

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jealousy

I was thinking, I do this sometimes. No matter how bad we are doing, there is often worse; no matter how good we are doing there is often better. No matter how content we are, there are still moments where we think, "I wish I was better". There are moments where we are jealous of people who are richer, happier in life or in love, more beautiful...than us. Everyone is jealous of something or someone. Jealousy is probably the most universal feeling, I thought. If there is a feeling every person on earth experiences, it is more probably jealousy than anything else.

I am jealous of people who have settled down. I know I will continue to travel inside and outside France for some 5 more years. Whenever I see someone who has a very regular and boring life, I envy them. Some of them are probably jealous of me because I travel all the time.

Now my mind has stopped thinking..so the post is over.

9 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

awwww, just think what you would be like settled down? I can't makes me shudder...maybe one day...but I don't know.

Right now I enjoy drifting along with the wind

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

Imagine me with 5 kids, a wife and a boring job..what knightmare..lol..but still it's nice to have roots somewhere..

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

This is very well written Steli. And very true thoughts.

I have had roots, now I have none, so I miss them.

Actually envy is the word you should have used, but loads of people prefer to say jealous.

Jealousy is fear of losing something you already have. Which is why they call them "jealous boyfriends" for not letting go of their girlfriends.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

ah..you are right, of course..i will change it..c'est l'envie comme en francais

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

ah oui, l'envie et la jalousie, n'est-ce pas?

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

exacte. I saw n'est-ce pas a lot. People around here find it strange. The thing is I have a more Paris accent.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

I *say*

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Aha, our French textbooks tried to be general. All my French teachers had lived in Paris for some years (although American).

Isn't Parisian French the stereotype of French as London Englisn is for English

Darn it will be bloddy hot in Italy this weekend, I arleady melted and sweated through my clothes today and I am exhausted, and sloshing full of water but i can't fit more in.

A bientot.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

It is Olivia, Paris French is "international" French. However, noone for instance here in the rhone-alpes says n'est-ce pas..never..

maybe for english london english isn't the standard but some version of american english, right?

the heat is incredible...i wonder why it is so hot this year..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home