Day Dreams

A Brain, A Brain and A Kookie person. It used to mean something. Now its out of controle +) Our only hope is Blue

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Random Measures

--Caution : Extremely nerdy post--

Are something I am reading about. A measure is like lenght. Like the measure of a road is how long it is. A random measure is a new strange idea. It is that the length can depend on luck. Let me give you an example:

Everyday, I wake up at 2 p.m. I feel hungry and walk to the chinese restaurant not far from my place (ok this is not true, it's an example). Imagine that on certain days I wake up and walk to the chinese and the road is 200 meters long. On other days I wake up and walk and the same road is 1000 meters, on other days I wake up and walk and the road is 0 meters long. On other days I wake up and the road never ends. Just how long the road is everyday is a matter of luck. Like there is a different probability it would have a certain length everytime.

This is such a new idea to me. I am happy to be learning it. I mean it is really like in a dream or something. It is even stranger than dreams.

Random measures are very useful in finance, people who try to predict the stock market use them all the time.

This is very nice, it is making my imagination crazy. All this remdinds me of a quote by GGM :

"On that day, the world was so new to him, that many things didn't have names yet." (from memory, btw. So it is not the exact quote.)

10 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Jia Li said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jia Li said...

ummm what can I say, I deleted my last comment cause its 1 am and I'm sleepy

What's ur fave MG Moment?
and its just hit me, it must be hard sometimes reading english

I wish my french was better.

Tut mir leid( wait...thats german)

soory soory sorry....

your english is really great and I just wanted u to know that!

=)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

Do I have a favourite one, I really like when Yoo Rin is stuck in a lie like she says..sometimes I can't read all the subtitles they are really fast but i still get what's happening..thank you, everyone learnes english you know so it's normal for people from non english speaking countries to speak very good english..it's the language of the world..

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Wait...the stock market changes, it is not a solid thing like a road.

But I don't see how random measure can affect the length of a road from one day to another...

Call me silly, but who is GGM?

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

P.S. Yes your english is impressive. I like being surprised when you use complicated phrases.

I can't do that in French!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Jia Li said...

did u see when she threw herself down the stairs or when jin sewed an orange back togther?

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

no you have to imagine it's like a special road that changes, a magic one if you will that changes from day to day..how it's used in finance is called the ito formula and it calculates the price of a share in the future, or at least estimates it..miao

As I said English is the language of the world..plus I like languages

miao

JL I am at episode 6 right now..i am loving every second

miao

(jusr rehearsing for when I become smokie)

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

ok I am at ep 13. There are more crazy moments to come

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

das is wunderbar..

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

I wanted to make 10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home