Day Dreams

A Brain, A Brain and A Kookie person. It used to mean something. Now its out of controle +) Our only hope is Blue

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Saturday morning...

After the party, we had a rendez-vous with some other friends of our family. We were supposed to meet them at 1:30 at the Comedie. They didn't show up. We went to the hotel and chatted until 3 a.m. and then went to sleep.

We woke up at 7 a.m. we had to. Mom went to work and me for some more tourisme (with an e like any word). I walked in the esplanade and chose a nice cafe where I sat for an houre, had breakfast. It was melon slices and a lemonade. There were many people selling stuff at the esplanade.

One lady was selling old school books and maps. It was very fun to see what kind of English book French kids had in the 60s. Another stand was selling history books, I bought one about the Vikings.

I walked to the Comedie and ran into Joy again. I just said hello, we didn't talk or anything. Then I decided to go to go get a gair cut.

I went to a place I had noticed the day before. It was called Greze coiffure. It is owned by Mr Greze & his son. I got a hair cut, it was quite good. Better than the one I get here. I don't know why Mr Greze Jr insisted on shakig my hand when I came into the place and when I left.

After that, I walked in the neighborhood behind the opera. There was something very funny. Everything is called Opera. There was the Opera grocerie store. Opera bakery. Opera electronics. Every single thing was called Opera. Only becuase it's the neighborhood behind the opera.

It is however a small neighborhood with little paved street, very quiet and beautifull. And the small streets meant you can walk in the shade all the time. Which was great in the very very hot weather we were having. Then I saw a church and went in. It was quite nice. One wall of the church was covered with little tiles, all of them had "Merci Sainte Rita" written on them. There were probably several thousand little tiles with "Merci Sainte Rita" on that wall!

I left the church and went to the mall. I went to the book shop. It had a whole floor for "spirituality" books. The ones that come with tapes, you know. I had an excellent laugh reading the titles. All these books pretended they could change your life in 5 days and make you happy forever.

Also, in the book shop I ran into the Russian lady from the party.

Then I went to the hotel, it was midday and I had to give them the key. I said goodbye to the nice lady who cleans the rooms. I took the bags and left.

Carrying and draging some 40 kg in 30 degree heat was, how should I say, perfect. I met my mom at the espalanade where we had lunch. I just had a salade. Then we went to the train station.

We stayed there for like 15 mins and then I left. My mom also was then on her way to England.


NEWS : Do not read if you want to sleep. I will create a blog for this and stop posting here.
---I feel so sad these days. I have just seen pictures in a Lebanese newspaper (as- safir). These pictures were not allowed in western newspapers. They show dead children on the ground by tens. It makes me want to cry until forever. Today every last foreigner left Lebanon. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. The foreigners were a kind of shield for the Lebanese. Now we can expect anything and we can be sure none of it will be reported. How does killing tens of children in one bombing fight terrorism. How many children have to die before we call it a war crime? A question that was asked by journalist Robert Fisk. When you see these pictures you don't beleive yourself.

---White house spokesman Tony Snow, the man with a great haircut, has called Journalist Helen Thomas a Hizbolla member becuase she dared ask him about the human consequences of the war.

---The New York Times has confirmed the war might end Monday.

--We, the civilized world, are doing this to the people we are supposed to be teaching our great values. My ass, my ass democracy and my ass human rights.

11 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

you should so do the smokie blog

I will send u some smokie pics if u like

Smokie is honored that u wish to do that for him

smokie--meowwwwwwrific idea

I am taking a wee blog break---back later 2night with a blog about my avro...

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

can u make that blog a team blog, I also seen the photos...I feel so much for them.

Do they deserve this?

No, Isreal is taking the short cut. Bomb the communities they THINK not KNOW, only Think have Heb. Militants

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE.

I NEED to calm down again

this war or conflict as the media wants it to be called...make me cry

I cry when I read about it
I cry when I see it on tv

my parents don't understand why because since they are arabs they must support the militants- so they get what they deserve

No one here cares about em, they see it on the news and then forget about it

We should not forget.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

I don't blame my parents, they are like most westerners, blind to the EAST, blind to the wonders that is the Middle East and Asia.

The Lebonese people are the best, always smiling and friendly...

They only know their own customs and anything else is not right.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

cool JL, I will do the smokie blog. It will be an interesting writting exercise..to write like smokie thinks..tell smokie the honour is all mine and I would love some pictures

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

I will invite you now JL, meanwhile you can go to the blog in my profile

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

and thank you for understanding and caring

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Jia Li said...

+)

we all need to share a smile in these times

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jia Li said...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/zhujiali/HPIM1395.jpg

or

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e52/zhujiali/HPIM0838.jpg

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

ok jl thanks and you are right +D evena laugh

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

they can +D

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I read this first thing this morning and forgot to reply.

M. Greze must have thought you were a distinguished customer, to shake your hand. Maybe he could tell you were the king.

It is wonderful to discover neat little neighbourhoods, hidden away from the public. Like the Trastevere in Rome. Tourists don't go there and it is very original. I have known about the ones in Paris for a long time, but never spent enough leisure time there to discover them.
Parts of my neighbourhood are like this, and even yeterday walking home, I stopped as I saw it - on a street I have walked down many times - and wished I could capture the sight.

Nearly bought two old books at a charity shop yesterday while waiting for the computers at the Orange shop to process my order. But as I was standing in the queue I flipped through them and thought, overall, they were not all that interesting. And as you know, I am many books behind my list.

I heard there might not be a neat end by Monday. Of course not. It is always this way with war. War is not Hollywood.

"We the civilised world" - is that the West? Versus the uncivilised world, the middle East?
If only they would act as they once did...before Islam, when they were the centre of knowledge, when the Celts were living in mud.

Why do arguments never end?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home