Day Dreams

A Brain, A Brain and A Kookie person. It used to mean something. Now its out of controle +) Our only hope is Blue

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Yesterday

I woke up, it was soo hot, so I took a shower and went out. I walked to my usual chinese restaurant and had lunch/breakfast. Then I continued my walk to the FNAC, which is like a big bookstore/DVD/CD/library.... I walked around, I didn't buy anything. I went to the litterature part. There were very few people. However, as I walked by the different parts, asian litterature, middle east litterature, greek litterature, spanish litterature, etc..I found there was a huge crowd in front of the Books in English part.

It was interesting. There was exactly nobody looking at the books in any other section, but like 15 people pushing each other in front of the Books in English section.

I thought there would be a special book they all wanted to see. But there was really nothing. A few of the books I looked at were even totally silly. "The Last Templar" for instance. This book seemed so silly.

Then I went to the music part. It was full of people. First I visited the classical music section. Not for any special reason, but it is the first one on my way. It was full of 40ish bold and sometimes fat men. I overheard this conversation:

bold fat italian looking man: I threw away 75 euros on La Traviata.
bold thin man: 75 euros, wow, that's a lot.
bold fat italian looking man: But it was worth it, I really had a great time listening
bold thin man: yeah, but 75 euros, omg
bold fat italian looking man: hmmmm
bold thin man: *turns away*

I am tired now, I'll continue later.

Wait wait, the only Oscar Wilde work I don't have is De Profundis, which he wrote from jail. I have just found it on the net. God Bless the little monsters that make the internet work.

11 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

hmmmmmm interesting...oh theres the landry buzzer
I doing blankets today and it is raining outside

I did some more reviews on mulitply
and added some vids

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

oh, i was wanting to add a video

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

really well when u go on your page, you should see add post at the top click that and then click post video

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Jia Li said...

I believe the net was a french creation

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

nein it is american..it was first deployed in the US..probably people from many countries researched about it but the first of this type of network was in the US...wasn't it that dude what's his name al gore who helped build it?

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

It was started by the US military for gov. communications.

Oh gosh i can't type today, I hit backspace more than the number of letters on this comment so far.

Ooh, I nearly bought De Profundis the other day at a bargain bookshop for 1.99 :)

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Jia Li said...

wow really liv...I never heard of such a book, damm my Canadian Learning

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

Is it a book? I thought it was just an essay...

Today was officially my last day of anything like work or studying or anything this year...I continue in october...

right Olivia they first experimented with a non centralized network when there were fears of neuclear (or nucular like some people say) attacks..it stayed military for some 20 years and then became public..

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Oh, JL - despite anything at school, if you like books, you will find them anywhere!

Steli - it was published in book form with some other essays and short stories, making it big enough to put on a shelf and sell :P

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Yes, the public are always 20 years behind military developments.

Like GPS is old.
And I think that the UFO lights seen over the southwestern American deserts is the next new thing, like before they outed the Stealth bomber in its triangular light configuration.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Steliano Ponticos said...

Like also cryptography, 20 years ago it was an exclusively military technology and now it is in every cell phone..Hardy who was a number theorist used to say he studied number theory because he was sure it would never have amilitary application but in fact it did and it was cryptography..se probably he is "turning in his tomb" right now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home